Friday, August 14, 2009

MY CHALLENGE TO MYSELF...


We as a human society tend to go about our everyday life with no worries. We read and see stories of suffering, despair, inspiration and hope but do nothing about it, except for the special few of us. I do not include my self in the us…

We go on like this until that one fateful day that we find ourselves a part of the story. We then open our eyes and see that we are all part of each other and have a profound affect on everyone that we come into contact with, even if for a brief moment.

Then when the event is over we tend to return to our normal routine life and file the experience away in the darkness of our minds.

I wonder what our lives and our world would be like if we as a human race could stay in the state of awareness, compassion, love and desire. Would there be the millions of starving individuals that we see daily? Would there be the homeless, the sick, the depressed, the lonely or even the angry?

I think not. I challenge myself everyday to be open to the events and to the people around me. Everyone that we meet we meet for a reason. We have something to share even it is just that one glance to say, “I see you and know you are there”.

I challenge myself to help those I see in need of food, clothing, shelter a word or just the acknowledgment that they exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment