Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What a life...

I was driving to work this morning and was day dreaming as I usually do. Not remembering how I get to where I am going. I looked out over the water as I was driving over the Kemah bridge. I noticed off in the distance a lone shrimp boat with, from what I could tell from the distance, 3 men working the deck. The sun was just rising in the East and reflected off of the water. Rain clouds had already started to form above the bay and lightening was shooting through the clouds. My God it was beautiful. I thought, "what a life". Now that is what I call an office. Here I am driving back and forth every day doing approximately the same thing day in and day out. These men although they are fishing every day, never have the same experience twice. Their office is always changing and everyday is a challenge.

I am making over $100,000 a year and I still struggle with finances and live pay check to pay check. These men are making, on a good year, half of that and are probably happier than I will ever be. They are free and in the open. They are at peace with what they do and enjoy doing it.

WHAT A LIFE...

No comments:

Post a Comment